Linden Font

Wednesday 19 December 2012

Gingerbread men



I need sleep. I started this post about six times. Each time I wrote the title “Fingerbread men”.

At first I thought Fingerbread men could be little gingerbread finger puppets, all cute and delicious and such. Then it dawned on me the alternative is cookies made out of fingers. Perhaps they’re seconds from an unsafe biscuit factory, the slogan on the packet reading “Made with the finest digits available: All pointer, no pinky”.

So. Yes. Sleepy. Incoherent. Rambling about unsavoury finger biscuits. Best I just hand over the recipe and catch some zzzs.



Ingredients


125g unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup golden syrup
370g plain flour
2 teaspoons of ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon of white pepper
1/2 teaspoon baking soda


Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius. Line a baking sheet with paper.

Cream the butter and sugar in an electric mixer for five minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until they combine.


Turn out the dough and roll between two sheets of baking paper until around 5mm thick. Chill for 20 minutes, cut out shapes and place on lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes until golden and allow to cool on trays.

Feel free to pipe on decorations with a basic icing. Personally, I prefer them plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment