Linden Font

Monday 31 December 2012

Agapanthus are out!

Agapanthus-St-Georges-Rd

Each morning I ride to work down St Georges Rd. It’s busy and bustling. Cars don’t always stop (but most do). On windy days it’s a total bitch. My bike, beautiful as she is, struggles up hills. What’s that saying about a bad tradesman blaming his tools?


Don’t get me wrong – I love riding. As soon as I get on my bike every morning, I have a smile a mile wide. It just gets a little hairy some mornings and I get distracted from what should be a fun experience.

The agapanthus snap me back to reality – riding’s the better way to get to where you want to go. The white and purple beauties line the full length of St Georges and are so high you can barely see the cars whizzing past. They’re starting to fade away now (wind gusts have been pretty brutal this summer) but for the next few weeks, I’m a happy rider.

Agapanthus-St-Georges-Rd

Agapanthus-St-Georges-Rd

No comments:

Post a Comment